Industries seeking applicants for Tiger Launch
By Staff Reports
Since 2018, high school students in Morgan County have started earning money, gaining job skills and getting a preview of potential careers through their participation in Tiger Launch, a career readiness program through Hartselle High School.
The career readiness program allows students to spend part of their school day working at Bushe, Cerrowire or Sonoco, three Hartselle-area plants that signed partnerships with the school district.
The application period for the next class of Tiger Launch students is open now and interested parties are encouraged to apply.
The program is looking to add co-op students to work at the Tiger Launch Site in Hartselle, supporting reel assembly and plug packaging.
Students must be at least 16 years old to join the team.
We have previously worked with students attending Hartselle, Brewer, Students from Danville, Falkville, Decatur, Austin and West Point have participated but the program is open to other schools as well.
The requirements are as follows:
- Must be a current high school student
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Able to work 20 hours a week
- Capable of standing and lifting continuously throughout shift
Benefits of School Time Co-op:
- Pay at $14.84/hr. plus $1/hr. weekly perfect attendance bonus
- Gain real manufacturing work experience
- Gain experience working within teams
- Learn safety rules within manufacturing
- Learn quality standards within manufacturing
- Learn continuous improvement concepts like 5S and focused
- Could potentially turn into full time position after graduation
Shifts will be 6:30-11:30 a.m. and noon until 5 p.m.
Apply online today at careers.sonoco.com.