Morgan native plays for Crimson Tide
By Martha Jackson
Danville graduate Emma Broadfoot is the first baseman for the Alabama Crimson Tide softball team. She is the daughter of Danville-Neel School teacher Camille Broadfoot. The team won the super regional and will be playing in the college World Series.
- Has appeared in 56 games, including 49 starts primarily at first base
- Hit a home run in the season opener against Lehigh (Feb. 10) and in the opener at the TaxAct Clearwater Invitational against Duke (Feb. 16)
- Had a hit in four of her five appearances at the Easton Bama Bash (Feb. 24-26)
- Drew a career-high three walks against Robert Morris (March 4), scoring twice
- Was 2-for-3 with an RBI against Longwood (March 5)
- Had a two-run double to give Alabama the lead in the eventual win over North Alabama (March 14)
- Hit a solo home run in the series finale against Arkansas (March 20)
- Had a pair of two-hit performances in games two and three at Mississippi State (April 15-16)
- Hit 4-for-9 (.444) with two runs scored and two RBIs over the Ole Miss series (May 5), entering to catch in the final half-inning of Montana Fouts’ perfect game in game one
Broadfoot will return home June 19-20 to teach a summer softball camp at the Danville High School softball field. The camp is for ages 5 through 12. The cost will be $25 per-Girl and they are asked to bring a glove, facemask, helmet, bat, tennis shoes and cleats. For more information contact Christy Ferguson to register at email@example.com
Falkville High School news Congratulations go out this week to Falkville High School students Kole Bradford and Briley Tomlin. They have been representing Falkville in the tide division of Bass Nation. They recently finished fourth out of more than 200 boats at the Neely Henry Lake event. They have both qualified for the state event.
Falkville Church of Christ to hold VBS
The members of the Falkville Church of Christ are excited to present their “Superheroes of Faith VBS” on July 15 from 9:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. They will have classes for all ages. They will have activities including games, bounce house, water activities and lunch will be provided. Everyone is invited to attend.