School board approves retirements, resignations
Special to the Enquirer
At its recent scheduled meeting April 20, the Hartselle City Schools board approved the following action and personnel item, including leave requests, retirements, resignations and new hires. The board will meet again May 25 at 7 a.m.
- William Booth,assistant superintendent, for intermittent FMLA leave, beginning March 11.
- Caroline Walker, teacher at Hartselle Junior High School, for FMLA leavefrom the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year through Aug. 30.
- Opal Holsonback, for leave from April 5through May 6.
- Nicole Southern, teacher at F.E. Burleson Elementary School, for FMLA leave from April 13through May 17.
- Michelle Bradford, custodian currently assigned to Hartselle Junior High School, effective April 15.
- Jana Kimball, teacher at F.E. Burleson Elementary, effective April 12.
- James George,instructional aide, currently assigned to Hartselle High School, effective April 20.
- Jerry Childers, teacher at Hartselle High School, effective June 1.
- Regina Hudson, teacher at Hartselle High School, effective June 1.
- Dennis Willingham, teacher at Hartselle High School, effective June 1.
- Olivia Reeder, for the position of elementary teacher at F.E. Burleson Elementary, effective with the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Whitney Glover, for the position of elementary teacher at Hartselle Intermediate School, effective with the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
- SloanSittason, for the position of secondary teacher at Hartselle High School, effective with the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Ashley Hodges for the position of elementary teacher at Barkley Bridge Elementary School, effective with the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year.
- Amy Torbert for the position offinance bookkeeper at the central office, effective May 1.
- Will Turner and Johnston Murphy for summer lawn maintenance workers based at thecentral office.
- The following student workers for additional custodial summer help at schools: Luke Ward,Hartselle Intermediate School; Carter Coan, Hartselle Junior High School; and Hudson Harden, Hartselle High School.
Stipends and supplements
- The following for a one-time supplement for each Alabama Mentoring New Teacher Center Pilot Program Trainee: Kim Pittman, Nanette Edde, Jennifer Lee, Krista Blaxton, Karen Howell, Jessica Halverson, Laura Lamb, Julie Rhodes, Beth Rabb and Ashley Benham.
- Junior High baseball supplements for John Hardin, Justin Pflueger and Jacob Wray to be increased for the 2021 baseball season. This will be paid with baseball funds.
- The following teachers and staff to work during this year’s summer attendance is expanded to align with services offered through Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and meet students’ needs:certified teachers Amy Crow, Maegan Pangle, Tasha McKee, Beverly Moore, Amanda Garner, Madison Gillette, Luke Southerland; certified PT Lisa Gault; certified speech Jessica Bankester, Kati Evans and Laura Gaskin; and instructional aides Baylee Southerland, Hallie Johnson, Tera Tapscott, Kasey Brown, Jeannean Gray and Amy Bradford.