No injuries in Hartselle fire, house a total loss
No one was injured when flames engulfed a house on Lockhart Road just outside the Hartselle City Limits over the weekend. Homeowners Tom and Lori Jones were able to get out safely, but lost everything they owned in the blaze.
Firefighters from S.A.V.E.S. in Somerville and the Priceville Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene. Deputies with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office also responded to reports of gunfire. PIO Mike Swafford said it was discovered to be ammunition and fireworks in the home making the sounds.
A family friend has since set up a GoFundMe account to help the Joneses with the initial costs of replacing their belongings. Donors had raised more than half of its goal of $20,000 Monday.