Ordinances propose annexing Cain addition
The Hartselle City Council approved separate introductory ordinances to annex and zone a second phase addition to Cain Park, off of Lando-Cain Road, at a regular meeting Sept. 22.
The property comprises 14.83 acres and is owned by Greenbrier Holdings LLC. It lies within a Priority Two annexation area in the city’s comprehensive plan.
A separate ordinance introduced would zone the property R-5, or patio home. This zone is in keeping with the master layout plan approved previously for Cain Park by the Planning Commission.
The Planning Commission will make a formal recommendation on both proposed ordinances at its Oct. 13 meeting.
The Council acted on other matters as follows:
- adopted an amended ordinance revising the city’s wrecker service policy
- introduced an ordinance rezoning a lot on Highway 31 South, from B-1 (local shopping) to R-1 (residential, single family)
- made two board appointments: Jacob Pfeiffer to the EMS Board and Terry Kay to the Board of Zoning Adjustment.
- approved year-end budget transfers for all city departments and funds approved a request from the police department to apply for a 2020 ADECA Law Enforcement Equipment Grant for $23,000 to purchase radar equipment for nine patrol vehicles
- approved a request from Fire and Rescue to classify a 1987 Ford E-One fire truck as surplus property list it for sale on govdeals.com
- authorized the mayor to accept a proposal from CDG Engineer & Associates to provide a traffic warrant signal analysis for Highway 31 improvements from Curry Street to the Sparkman Street intersection at a cost of $7,840
- approved a six-month lease agreement with Diamond Pro Corp. for $1,500 for a portion of the building at 100 College St, formerly Dencraft