Morgan County to receive federal funds
Morgan County has been awarded federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security and FEMA under the Emergency Food and Shelter National Board Program.
The county will receive the funds in two phases – $30,364 and $43,290, respectively to supplement and expand local emergency food and shelter programs.
Under the terms of the grant, local agencies chosen to receive funds must
- be private, voluntary non-profits or units of government
- be eligible to receive Federal funds
- have an accounting system
- practice nondiscrimination
- not charge fees with relation to the assistance received under EFSP
- not require recipients of EFSP assistance to attend religion/counseling services
- have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- have a voluntary board if they are a private voluntary organization
- use EFSP funds to supplement services, not as seed money for new programs
Qualifying agencies are urged to apply by contacting Kathleen Ross at United Way of Morgan County. Interested parties can email Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org or find an application at the United Way office located at 115 1st Avenue NE in Decatur. The deadline for completed applications to be returned is May 26.