Annual Hawks Skills Academy scheduled for June 27-29
By Martha Jackson
The second annual Hawks Skills Academy is set to take place at the Danville High School gymnasium June 27-29. This three-day event will provide young basketball enthusiasts, ranging from kindergarten to 6th grade, with an opportunity to enhance their skills. The Academy will run daily from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.
Boys and girls alike are invited to participate in the academy, which aims to instill fundamental basketball techniques necessary for success in Danville basketball program. Led by varsity head Coach Ben Mastin, along with his dedicated staff and varsity players, participants can expect a comprehensive curriculum.
To enroll, interested students are required to pay a fee of $50 per student, with a discounted rate of $40 per sibling. Additionally, the registration cost covers a specially designed T-shirt and camp insurance.
Shady Grove Baptist Church extends congratulations to graduates
The members of Shady Grove Baptist Church extend their heartfelt congratulations to a group of accomplished graduates. The following individuals have attained significant milestones in their academic pursuits:
– Abby Campbell, Auburn University, Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, daughter of Tad and Ginger Campbell, granddaughter of Tom and Connie Campbell, and Jimmie and Mildred Lake.
– James Newman, Auburn University, Master’s degree in Accounting, grandson of Louis and Betty Depreast.
– Ryan Johnson, Danville High School, son of Jeremy and Angie Johnson, grandson of Jimmie and Mildred Lake.
– Ryan Lacy, Danville High School, son of Jeremy and Cary Lacy, grandson of Buddy and Ruby Lacy.
– Gracie Morton, Decatur High School, daughter of Donnie and Mary Anne Morton.
– Callie and Emma Parker, Hartselle High School, daughters of Chuck and Kim Parker, granddaughters of Becky Garmany.
– Jalen Whisenant, Danville High School, son of Jessica Lacy, grandson of Tim Lacy.
– Mason Yaudes, Austin High School, son of Nikki Mason and Shane Yaudes, grandson of Tricia and Ronnie O’Kelley.
Furthermore, Shady Grove Baptist Church is pleased to announce its upcoming Vacation Bible School, titled “Stellar: Shine Jesus Light,” which will be held June 25-29. The program, catering to children aged 4 years through 6th grade, will be held from 6-8:30 p.m. Additionally, June 25 at 10:30 a.m., a front pew baby shower will be held to celebrate Kristen Sparkman.
For additional information and inquiries, interested parties are encouraged to contact Shady Grove Baptist Church directly.