Fall fun at the pumpkin patch
Special to the Enquirer
Fall is approaching, and Hidden Rivers Farm in Hartselle has opened its doors to visitors to enjoy all things autumn.
Picking the perfect pumpkin, getting lost in a maze and experiencing a bit of farm life are a few of the activities lined up at the family farm, which opened for the season Sept. 17.
The family-owned farm will be open to the public Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays beginning through Oct. 31, offering a variety of activities for people of all ages to enjoy. Activities include a themed maze, animal encounters, pony rides, a corn pit and, new for this year, nature hikes and tire mountain climbing.
Visitors to the farm can also take a piece of autumn home by picking their very own pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
For football fans, there will be a tailgate tent with two televisions, cornhole and seating areas, making it the perfect place to enjoy a day of tailgating while the children play in a safe area. There will also be food trucks and grills available to rent.
Additional themed days are planned:
- Sept. 26, Color Spray Fest: Wear white, bring eye protection and be ready get sprayed with washable paint.
- Oct. 1-2: Bring five canned food items and receive four animal feedings or a small pumpkin for free.
- Oct. 2, 15, 23, 29, Moonlight Maze: Bring a flashlight and explore the maze like never before – in the moonlight.
- Oct. 8, Make A Scarecrow: All the makings for the perfect scarecrow will be provided, while supplies last.
- Oct. 8, 16, 22: Adult nights
- Oct. 9-10: Veterans, service members and first responders receive a discounted day pass and 20 percent off any other purchase, excluding food trucks, with a valid ID.
- Oct. 15-17: Paint a Pumpkin Day
- Oct. 23, Play Like a Champion: Wear favorite sports attire and play games for prizes.
- Oct. 30, Kooky Spooky and Funny Halloween: Costume contests will be held at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., and there will be scavenger hunts throughout the maze and seek and treats events, at noon and 4 p.m.
- Oct. 31, Halloween Pumpkin Smash: Costume contests will be held once again at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.; there will be scavenger hunts throughout the maze; seek and treats at noon and 4 p.m.; and smashing pumpkins will round out the season.
A single day pass is $8 per person, and a season pass is $50/person. Admission is free for children 2 years old and younger. Farm passes include unlimited access to the maze, corn pit, tailgate tent, animal encounter area, playground, games, trails, activities and pumpkin patch for the entire day.
Items for additional purchase include pony rides, animal feedings and pumpkins. Passes may be purchased at the gate or online at hiddenriversfarm.ticketspice.com/2021-fall-season.
Hidden Rivers Farm is located at 295 Goose Pond Road in Hartselle. For more information, call 256-200-8572 or visit www.hiddenriversfarm.com or www.facebook.com/hiddenriversfarm.