Morgan County youth place at Chick Chain Show, Auction
Several 4-H youth from Morgan County participated in the Chick Chain Show and Auction at the Lawrence County Fair Oct. 24. Four breeds of chickens were put on display at the event: White Leghorn, Rhode Island Red, Barred Rock and Buff Orpington.
After demonstrating and answering questions from a showmanship judge and breed judge, several winners were determined in each breed category in several age divisions.
Winners from Morgan County are:
- Junior Level: first place, Callie Childers; second place, Julia LaBoudiere; and third place Meggie Bramlett
Best of breed
- Barred Rock – Colt Childers
- Buff Orpington – Meggie Bramlett
- Reserve Breed Champion – Meggie Bramlett
- Best Chick Chain Project Record Book in Morgan County – Meggie Bramlett