Hartselle structure fire handled by multiple departments
Hartselle Fire Department and several area fire departments responded to a fully engulfed shop in Hartselle on Tuesday.
Hartselle Fire Chief Daryl Fox said the cause of the fire was due to an unattended burn barrel.
“Falkville responded with us and we also called the Oak Ridge Volunteer Fire department for a tanker to use for the water supply,” Fox said. “Hartselle Utilities and Joe Wheeler assisted with us by shutting off the utilities.”
Fox said that the property owner’s home was nearby and they responded shortly after the call at 5:41 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.