BOE approves new floor for Pettey Center
At a special called meeting of the Hartselle City School Board of Education Monday evening, the board approved an agreement with Latham and Associates to replace the floor of the gym in the Pettey Center at Hartselle Junior High School.
The estimated cost of the project will be $130,000, but the actual cost will not be known until the bid process is completed. According to CSFO Jonathan Craft, the project will be paid out of capital funds. This could result in certain currently planned items being pushed back to a later date.
In personnel items the board approved:
- Dustin Stephenson as a summer worker at Hartselle High School.
- Dusty Schofield as instructional aide for the first semester of the 2015 -2016 year.
- Chandler Orr-Phillips as instructional aide for the 2015 -2016 year.
- Alyson Blackmon for Pre-K lead teacher at Crestline Elementary School.
- Tina Kimbrell for the position of half assistant principal and half teacher at Hartselle Junior High School. Kimbrell is currently a math teacher at HJHS.
- Tina Towers for the new position of Coordinator of Professional Development and Curriculum. This position is newly created under the restructuring of the central office staff. Towers is currently the Instructional Coach at F.B. Burleson Elementary School.
The board also:
- Approved paying stipends for Kindergarten Camp at Crestline Elementary School.
- Approved Family and Medical Leave Act for Mark Peck.
The July board meeting will be held Mon., July 13, at the Central Office at 6 p.m.