LETTER: To go wet or to lean forward? That is the question
Let’s face it. Hartselle, the City of Southern Hospitality is experiencing a major challenge: whether to go wet or to stay dry. It’s a challenge with profound implications that demand a closer look at who we are and where we are going, both individually and as a city. Here are a few points to consider as we move forward in meeting that challenge:
• How would legalizing the sale of alcohol promote the quality of life for present and future residents of this city?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages, both immediate and long-term, of legalizing the sale of alcohol in Hartselle?
• Do the immediate and long-term advantages of going wet outweigh the potential disadvantages?
• Does my participation in this important issue reflect my personal convictions?
• Is my position on this issue a positive influence upon others, including the youth of Hartselle?
• Will my vote contribute to the quality of life for present and future citizens of Hartselle Hartselle?