Let’s get this party started!
Fourth graders treat parents to fun-filled show
Barkley Bridge Elementary fourth graders know how to put on a good show for their parents.
Last week, they mixed song, dance and comedy in a 25-act talent show “Get the Party Started” and had parents clapping and laughing for more than an hour and a half.
The annual production featured 48 performers belting out country and western songs, dancing to hip-hop and rock music, telling jokes and pulling off unusual stunts on stage.
The show kicked off with the dance act “All the Single Ladies,” featuring Hailey Beard, Hannah Grace Bevis and Emeri Nosal and closed with Malcolm Armistead’s solo performance of Casting Crown’s “Praise You in the Storm,” which was dedicated to the victims of the April 27 tornadoes.
Anna Wilson opened the program and Andrew Blankenship announced its closing. Backstage helpers included Ceanna Compton, Matthew Fer-guson, Benjamin Gray, Chase Maner, Kira Pickron, Hayden Poplawski, Alex Ransom. Courtney Shaddix, Hay-den Shaw, Haylee Sheppard, Jeffrey Wynn and Parker Yoakum. Backdrop and Stage Decorations were provided by Vanessa Johnson, Sandy Johnson, Pat Beard, Wendi Henry and Kayla Sparkman.
Others who assisted with the show were: Tisha Bates, dance choreography; Pat Beard, opening PowerPoint, Sandy John-son, photography; and Cindy Grammer, program.
In the spotlight:
• “All the Single Ladies” by Hailey Beard,
Hannah Grace Bevis and Emeri Nosel
• “Soul Sister” by Gavin Jared
• “Mean” by Addie Johnson
• A comedy skit by Matt Walker
• “Wanted” by Austin Taylor
• “Boom-Boom Pow” by Bryley Eversoli,
• “I Love Rock-n-Roll” by Katie Henry
• “Our Song” by Blair Jones
• “Boys of Fall” by Samuel Jacobs
• “Bazooka Bubble Gum” by Claire Grammer,
Macie Holder and Kylie Ratley
• “Citizen Soldier” by Jaron Pierce
• “Stuck Like Glue” by Kayla Harmon
• “My Wish” by Hilton Anderson
• “Little People” by Isaac Baxter, Tyler Der,
Gunnar Wiggins and Davis Harris
• “Fireworks” by Aubrey Magee and Ashley Roy
• “La Freak” by Kirby Austill, Morgyn Sparkman,
Heather Grimes and Maggie Pace
• “Back to December” by Savannah Welborn,
Madison Wlburn and Lydia Quaintance
• “Hey There Delilah” by Ashton Johnson
• “Hunting the World” by Adam Hampton and
• “Somebody to Love” by Gracie Russell and
Hannah Beth Smith
• “The Hou se That Built Me”
by Shian Campbell
• “Make It Shine” by Sierra
• “One Less Lonely Girl” by
Shelbie Brock, Grace Drake,
Abbie Drake and Tyler Letson
• “Lean on Me” by Ethan
• “Greased Lightning” by
Davis Bates, John Adam
Berry, Luke Godsey and Colin Springer