Danville athletes do well at state
Danville finished the Class 3A State Meet at Birmingham-Southern College 17th in boys and 18th in girls.
Jessie Posey took third place (43.02) in the 300-meter hurdles on Saturday.
Danville’s boys relay team was fourth (46.39) in the 4×100 while the girls relay team was seventh (54.88).
Hannah McClung finished fifth in the high jump after attempting a jump of 4-10.
Kelsey Alvis took seventh place (28.34) in the 200-meter final.
Other competitors involved in the state meet included Corey Gillies in boys shot put (17th), Clint McAbee in the boys 400 meters (11th), Dallas McAbee in the 110-meter hurdles (14th), boys 4×400 relay (ninth) and girls 4×800 relay (17th).
Clay Oden gave Brewer its only point of the meet with an eighth place finish in the 3,200 meters with 10:37.58.
Other competitors include:
• Austin Dorriety had 18-1.5 in the long jump to finish 19th.
• Lindsey Collier was 11th in the 3,200 meters 15th in the 1,600-meter run.
• Brewer’s girls 4?800-meter relay was 11th with 11:32.6.
• Katie Brakke was 15th in the girls 800 meters.
• Hunter Bramlett was 24th in the boys 800 meters.
Amberley Norris failed to qualify in the 200-meter dash on Saturday. She was 20th with a time of 28.75. The last qualifying time was 26.58. Jenessa Terry wound up 13th in the 300-meter hurdles with 55.17.