Howell, Houser wed
Regina Ann Howell of Moody, formerly of Hartselle, and Brian Keith Houser of Hoover, formerly of Knoxville, Tenn. were wed in an afternoon ceremony at Lakeside Baptist Church in Hoover on May 29, 2010, at 3 p.m.
The Rev. Breck T. Ladd performed the ceremony and the Rev. Claude Thomas gave the dedication prayer.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Patterson Howell of Hartselle.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Calvin Kermit Houser of Knoxville, Tenn.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a strapless gown from the Grace Kelly Collection. The fabric was Monaco royal silk duchess satin. The bodice was from the 1956 collection and boasted Monaco style royal trussels and embroidered silver silk lemye, with hand embroidered crystals. The skirt was full ballroom styled and featured royal motifs trussels.
The gown fell into a royal train with the Monaco motiph trussels.
She carried a hand-tied bouquet of Vendella ivory roses and white Hollywood roses accented with porcelina spray roses. The stems were wrapped in ivory satin ribbon and braided with shear ivory French ribbon.
The church sanctuary was decorated with large Italian columns swaged with Jackson vine and tulle. Oak leaf hydrangea, magnolia and Jackson vine covered the top of each column. Trees and ferns were used as a backdrop for tree candelabra entwined with Jackson vine.
Kneeling benches with ribbons and greenery were centered under a central arrangement of white and ivory hydrangea, stock, Fuji mums and roses.
Mrs. Mike Reeves, sister of the bride, served as matron of honor.
Bridal attendants were Mrs. Bill Huff of Hoover, sister of the bride, Mary Virginia Reeves of Hartselle, niece of the bride, Mrs. David Moseman of Waco, Tex., and Kristi Howard of Chelsea.
They wore caramel two-piece tailored taffeta dresses. The dresses featured sweetheart necklines and A-line skirts.
Julianne Faith Huff, niece of the bride, was the flower girl.
The groom’s best man was his son, Jordan Houser, of Knoxville. Tenn.
Ushers were Michael David Reeves and Jackson Howell Reeves, both of Hartselle and nephews of the bride, Ray Pemberton, John Hilley, Bob Wright and Phil Lassiter, all of Birmingham.
Candle lighters were Joseph Patterson Huff and William Riley Huff, both of Hoover, nephews of the bride.
Music was provided by Mr. and Mrs. Chris Diffey of Birmingham, harpist Anne Jackson, sister of the groom, and soloist David Houser, brother of the groom.
A reception followed the wedding ceremony in the fellowship hall of the church.
The bride’s cake table was dressed in white and ivory antique Irish lines with a silver cake plateau. The cake was decorated with ivory and blush roses on top and interspersed down the cake.
Assisting with the reception were Mrs. Ronnie Tweatt, Mrs. Fred Sanders, Mrs. Jerome Billings, Mrs. Bill Ponder, Mrs. Ray Pemberton, Mrs. Tom Gachet, Mrs. David Wilmont, Kay Horton and Mrs. Danny Glaze.
Martha Templeton attended the Bride’s book and Mrs. Jerome Billings served as wedding director.
Following a honeymoon trip to Cancun, Mexico, the couple is making their home in Moody.
Prior to the wedding the couple was honored with several special events, as follows:
• A rehearsal party was hosted by the groom and his family. It was held in the church’s fellowship hall.
• A bridal luncheon was held at All-Steak Restaurant in Cullman on May 28. It was co-hosted by Betty Sims, Mary Alice Wynn, Anita Baugher, Martha Templeton, Marjorie Hendrix, Mrs. Robert Wright, Mrs. Jerry Wilson, Mrs. Bobby Murphy, Mrs. Robert Peck and Caryl Littrell.
• A miscellaneous shower was held at World Song Camp, hosted by former administrative staff.
• A bridal tea was held at the home of Mrs. Thomas Bennich with the ladies of First Baptist Church serving as co-hostesses.
• A lingerie shower was held at the home of Mrs. Michael Gurosky with Title I teachers of Hoover City Schools co-hosting.
• A bridal tea was held at Lakeside Baptist Church, co-hosted by the Women’s Missionary Union and the Singles Sunday School Class at Lakeside Baptist Church.
• A gift card shower was held at Rocky Ridge Elementary School and co-hosted by the instructional support teachers.
• A recipe party was hosted by Mrs. Mark Chatham at her home in Huntsville.